Thursday, October 3, 2019

unity tutorial 1

Unity Tutorial 1

This was my first foray into actually making anything in unity. I wasn't able to make anything spectacular but I did learn some of the basics such as camera movement, terrain manipulation and texture. Upon opening unity it was quite intimidating because there is a lot of moving parts that goes into making a game and there is a plethora of options and menus that you see when opening unity. It took me a while to really get anything to actually happen but once I was able to start manipulating the landscape and adding a bit of texture it felt quite rewarding. I struggled with adding in grass as I think the tutorials I was using may have been out of date or maybe I was just missing something, both are possible. I am honestly not too worried with not getting things like that on my first outing because I know it's all a learning experience. As Bob Ross said "I'm not very good but it doesn't matter" I know I'll grow and improve over the coming weeks if I just keep going with unity so not being perfect doesn't really phase me.

Overall unity was an interesting piece of software to mess around in and I look forward to becoming better and better with it because game design is something that interests me as I play a lot of games and have always been curious how I would do if I was making one myself. Unity is a great tool for game designers especially because of how many tutorials are out there to help people like myself become better and better.

Image result for unity
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Funity3d.com%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2Fogimg.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Funity.com%2F&docid=NvRSXEUCHXI92M&tbnid=UkPk-HrkqCxlcM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwidjOqSuYHlAhVRTcAKHVx5BfsQMwh3KAAwAA..i&w=1200&h=630&itg=1&bih=695&biw=1366&q=unity&ved=0ahUKEwidjOqSuYHlAhVRTcAKHVx5BfsQMwh3KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liam,

    First off I really like how you added a video ! That was a great idea ! wish I had thought of that haha. Your blog is really well written, very clear although I think you should break up your paragraph into smaller paragraphs, it would make it easier to read.

    Overall I look forward to reading your Blog in the future !

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete