Sunday, September 29, 2019

Time Strategies

Time Strategies

Time management is really important to me. Like any college student normally does, I've got my finger in multiple pies. Media student by day, MMA fighter by night and Abra Kebabra kebab chef on weekends. Without a car of my own to get me from point A to point B and on weekends point C I have to take the bus or cycle to wherever I want to be which gives me exact times I need to be out of the house or i'm just not making it.

This may seem like a detriment to my time management abilities but I feel like it actually enhances them as I have no way of procrastinating. In first year I'd procrastinate all the time and leave myself with no time at all to do anything. However I train MMA six times a week and I can't do that if I have to do college work, this means that I am actually getting ahead on college work quite regularly which is a new and exciting thing for me.

Having multiple ventures with my time leaves clear blocks in my schedule where nothing is happening and they are invaluable they also provide a sort of deadline to me that isn't the actual deadline. E.G "if I don't have this video done by six then I can't make it to jiu jitsu tonight" this makes me work harder and faster because of this artificial deadline. Sometimes less is more when it comes to time and having less time is funnily enough making me more productive, pretty zany stuff.

It is still early days this year in college but so far my time management seems to be on point and hopefully it holds up over the coming months because I do not want to give up any hobbies in the name of education because that'd be pretty lame and I wouldn't have a legal way of beating people up anymore.


Image result for clock
https://media.4rgos.it/i/Argos/7378261_R_Z001A?w=750&h=440&qlt=70

No comments:

Post a Comment