Sunday, September 29, 2019

Assignments

Assignments


At the time of writing this I haven't done too much strenuous work but from what I can tell it looks like making a good, functioning game could be quite difficult but I'm looking forward to a challenge. The main task ahead of me is creating a game and from looking at the tutorials it looks like quite a lot can go into making a game.I spoke to a friend of mine who has completed a game in unity before and he said that he had a very big idea and it didn't work out too well so I feel like I will need to keep my idea small. I need to have a simple idea and execute it well.

Making a game in unity can be like an episode of Hell's kitchen, one guy goes big and tries to use molecular gastronomy to create the world's first sushi flavoured ice cream then the guys in the hazmat suits bring it out and Gordon says "it's ambitious but bad" then the other contestant makes a roast chicken and Gordon loses his mind. A simple idea for a game executed well will always beat an overly ambitious massive game because it does it's job well.

So I don't have an exact idea of what game I'd like to make but I feel like the ideas are coming, I can take some inspiration from the games I play and condense it down to a simple, fun game. Perhaps some sort of silly combat game or maybe a game driven more by exploration and story, I'll see how I fair with unity. If I am hopeless with unity then I may need to make some new moves but if I'm unity rain man then I'm going to shoot and make some million dollar moves, we'll just have to wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment