Thursday, September 26, 2019

Introduction to Liam

Introduction by Liam Jennings

In this blog post I'm going to detail a bunch of stuff about myself and it's going to be really cool and fun.

The basic details are: My name is Liam Jennings, I am 20 years old, I am a second year student in creative digital media in ITB/TU Dublin. I'm about 6 feet tall and blondish. I also work part time in an Abra Kebabra but it's only 4 hours a week so it doesn't really have any effect on my schedule. Also fun fact, despite getting free food, I have never eaten anything from Abra Kebabra, the food looks really gross and greasy so it's a no from me.

 I'm a huge MMA fan and train MMA 6 times a week, assuming I didn't have to take a day off to do college work or something. when I am not in college or doing college work I am normally watching or training MMA. I train Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, K1, wrestling and MMA. I only started training all of these this year but I hope to compete in all of these at some point starting with either Muay Thai or K1 (kickboxing). After competing in those for a while I hope to transition and fight bare-shin kickboxing fights and MMA with the eventual goal of going pro, hopefully in MMA because there is not much money in pro kickboxing and your body gets absolutely destroyed by it, still fun though.

Other than college and MMA I don't really have much time for anything else but I do normally find some time to play some video games, Borderlands, Skyrim, Minecraft, dark souls and the WWE games are the main ones. The outlier there is probably the WWE games, they are so stupid that they are perfect. I just play online with custom characters with friends, Thanos Vs Green Goblin Vs Yoda Vs White Goodman (bad guy from Dodgeball) Vs Steve Urkel Vs Yugi Moto is a typical match, so stupid but so good simultaneously.

That's pretty much it, this time in a few years catch me doing digital media or in the UFCor maybe I'll use my culinary expertise to do something else. That's basically it. Also my shoulders are pretty flexible.

Image result for sbg tallaght logo

Picture taken from SBG Tallaght Facebook, still not sure if that's how you credit an image, gonna ask about it soon.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Liam.

    You had me at "really cool and fun". I agree with the Abra Kebabra food appraisal. Not for me. I'd also add Supermacs to my list of food I'm not touching - but I understand if that's controversial. Feel free to ban me from posting.

    I wish I could do something like MMA. It's not that I can't, it's that I'm terrified of hurting my soft, delicate hands. I have major respect for anyone who does it, so go you. Flexible shoulders are the pinnacle of human evolution - don't let anyone tel you otherwise.

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liam !

    I've never eaten out of Abra Kebabra, there's one in the village but it's 30 minutes away and the village is between the shopping centre, so 2 hours for food when there's a chinese next to me ? Yeah, no. Mac Donald's it is then.

    All joking aside I really enjoy your blog, I remember your mentioning you were into MMA, more into scouting myself but I did do karate for a while so far play to you for sticking with it ! I hope you'll be able to go pro one of these days so I tell me nephews and nieces that I know you !

    They'll call me a crazy old hag but it will be the truth !

    Anyway, Can't wait to read your blog in the future :)

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liam,

    I enjoyed reading your blog!
    I really admire that you're so passionate about MMA and competitive sports- I for one consider myself quite a pansy and dont have a competitive bone in my body, so fair play for doing what you're doing! I also hope that you will be able to pursue your sports professionally in the future!

    I'm the same, always finding the time to play video games despite how busy my schedule is. Skyrim is among one of my favourite games of all time- I remember fondly grinding thousands of iron daggers to level up my smithing skill for that sweet daedric armor. I also have been playing Minecraft for years- I recently got the Pocket Edition which is really fun to play when I'm on a long bus journey or on a long break.

    I agree with you on Abra Kebabra; I've only had it a few times back when I was in secondary school, and I can recall not liking it very much, so I havent touched it since. I'm not big of a fast food person myself- I try to be healthy. Emphasis on "try".

    I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

    - Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyo Liam, noice intro you got there. On the topic of Abra Kebabra, I have one literally 5-10 minutes away from me and despite being there for the longest time imaginable, I have never once eaten there. Strange. Nevertheless, I am interested to hear you do MMA, I do Kenpo Karate myself and I find its quite a helpful skill to have in life. Interesting to hear about all the characters you created in WWE, I never thought another man out there in the world had the same love for Dodgeball as me. Really nice. I hope to read more of your blog and discover more about y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Liam, I enjoyed reading your introduction about yourself and learning a lot about you. I've had Abra Kebabras food once and I'm going to be honest its better tasting than it looks. I am also a fan of UFC but not as big of a fan as you are , but I'd always be there to cheer on Conor Mcgregor. I would like to try MMA out for myself as it is a very underrated sport. I hope to get to know you throughout the year.
    - Aaron Hogan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Liam,

    Really enjoyed reading your blog. I'm also a huge fan of MMA and have been for many years, although I have never trained. I would love to try out Jiu Jitsu at some point too, I have always found the challenge of it really interesting. I remember my friend telling me about how excited he was when he first got cauliflower ear (he's mad). Hope you keep it up with training and eventually competing!

    Also, Skyrim is one of my favorite games of all time, I spent an unhealthy amount of time on that game as you probably have too. I'm looking forward to reading more about you!

    - Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liam,

    I have never eaten out of Abra Kebabra, and I'm not sure if I would really ever want to. I enjoyed reading about how you like MMA, I don't think I could ever do it myself, but it's great to hear how you want to become competitive. Best of luck to you! I really liked reading your blog and I look forward to reading more.

    Ingrida.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Liam,
    I really enjoyed your blog I do not blame you not eating the food from Abra Kebabra I have not heard good things about there food my friend actually got food poising from out of there I also enjoyed reading about how you love MMA I would say there is a lot of training to do. Hope to read more from you soon.
    -jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liam,

    I also work in fast food, in McDonald's and I know exactly what you mean by saying the food looks gross. (doesn't stop me from getting a McMuffin meal every Saturday morning though.

    I don't personally have an interest in MMA but you can batter me anytime you want. I used to play minecraft a lot as a kid and can still say it's lethal.

    It was nice getting to learn more about you.

    Slán,

    James.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liam

    This was a great introduction post. I’m always a huge fan of MMA and I do myself in coolmine. I do prefer boxing but MMA is great. Have you ever been an MMA match before? It’s something I want to do. I would also like to go pro but I find it hard to train with all the college work.

    ReplyDelete