Thursday, November 28, 2019

unity free tutorials

Tutorial

The tutorial that took up all my time this week was the creation of a rolling ball game. The game had a couple hurdles, I had an issue with the landscape not working as intended and the ball wouldn't spawn on it but I went back and copied the tutorial instead of trying to use what I already knew and it worked out properly. Sometimes I need to be reminded that I am still learning unity and haven't mastered everything yet. Other than that I just followed along in the tutorial and everything seemed to work out, a few small hiccups along the way but they were just from not following the tutorial properly. The main issue is normally simple stuff that can take a while to change because unity can be a bit finicky sometimes. The solution is normally something I overlook and in the beginning of my unity career I spent hours wondering why several problems were happening but it was always just a small thing like a camera facing the wrong way or I wasn't clicking the right thing. This still happens but it's something I am getting better at. I think I can use these lessons to overcome problems when I am making my game and hopefully I won't waste too much time because I don't have an awful lot these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment