Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Reading and writing week 9

Reading and writing.

I'll open this post with a little bit of honesty, I've missed a reading or 2 in my day so take all this with a grain of salt.

My experience with the readings and the writing in this semester has been mostly positive, typically you can do a blog post rather quickly if you know what you're talking about and the marks do add up. It enables self reflection which can serve as a way to drive yourself as it's very easy to turn in a project and never think about it again. This is not really possible here because you will turn something in and then you need to write about it and I imagine it would be quite difficult to turn in something you rushed and hate and then write a couple hundred words on it so it almost serves as a motivation.

The negative things about the blog posts are that looking at the moodle calendar is annoying because there is something due almost every day and it's a little demotivating but that's just me. Also the sheer volume of posts can be annoying, seeing so many posts due can be annoying even if they can be done in 5 minutes each it will still be annoying to see 6 things due in one day. It can also be slightly repetitive but I guess that's on me for not coming up with something better to say. My final criticism is the grace period in which you get an extra 12 hours on any posts you want seems pointless, why not just have the due date be 12 hours later?

overall I like the blog posts but sometimes it feels like there are just too many and the grace period system seems like it could be improved. I do like the self reflection that the blog posts force me to take part in as I feel it helps me learn more about myself and be more critical of myself when it would be quite easy to lie to myself otherwise

No comments:

Post a Comment