Thursday, November 14, 2019

unity free tutorials

This week I decided to do my own thing, I already know that I'm aiming to make a horror game so I decided I'd look at some tutorials for games like that and upon opening youtube and keying it all in to that search bar, I was bequeathed with exactly what it was which I had sought out to find. I found my man Jimmy Vegas had a little series on making a horror game and I watched a couple videos. At this point unity was open in the background being untouched, I was busy soaking in all this glorious information.

After I had basked in Jimmy's aura long enough I decided to get my hands dirty, get to work in the proverbial mines and open unity for myself. As always with unity I opened it and the first thought was "unity? more like no thank you" but I soldiered on regardless. I cracked open a new project and followed the tutorials along, they were a bit out of date so I had to use a bit of ingenuity to work around this but it is a situation I know all too well.

After toiling away for a short while I ended up with a similar , yet not quite as polished version of Jimmy's game with a few adjustments of my own. I didn't follow the whole tutorial and make a full game but I got it to a playable state where the player was free to walk around and interact with a few choice objects.

Overall this proved a helpful exercise and I am glad I did it. I feel more confident every time I open unity and I think I can make quite a decent game in the future. here's hoping my game comes together when I need it to and unity doesn't pull a fast one on me like I feel it may. I like unity and unity likes me but the trust simply is not there for me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment